Disclaimer: This blog is not meant as medical advice. Always see your doctor before beginning any treatment. The views and opinions expressed in this blog are not based on scientific research or medical information and should not be referred to as an authority on Tinnitus. Improper diagnosis can delay proper treatment and/or do further damage. Therefore, the information in this blog, including self-diagnosis information, should be read with critical eyes and not accepted as truth. Only a qualified doctor can properly diagnose your condition. By reading this blog you awknowledge these conditions and assume all responsibility, without exception, for following, using and/or taking any advice, treatement, knowledge and other information from this blog and for the results your actions may produce. Again, always see your doctor before beginning any treatment or for any issue you believe is warranted.

S4 - Products - Curable Tinnitus

Physically Soften Your Muscles

Work Out DVDs
To quiet the sound in your ear(s), you need to relax the muscles and ligaments around your muscles. To relax the muscles and ligaments, you must soften them. To soften them you must first warm them up. A good way to do this is simply to do a cardio workout where you move all your muscles, arms, legs etc, in different ways.

I recommend work out DVDs because they give you a good work out plus, since you do them inside, you stay warm (warming your muscles and tennants), plus you can stretch afterwards while you are still warm.

OMG again! This so works for me. When I work out, my tinnitus is reduced after the workout. I don't do anything fancy. Just a work out video where my body gets good and warm (and sweaty). Afterwards I gently stretch, putting extra attention to any muscles and ligaments connected with my neck, shoulders and back.




Working Out With Wii Fit Plus
If you want a more monitored and interactive solution to working out, you can't go wrong with Wii Fit Plus. With Wii Fit Plus you can easily get warm muscles that are sure to help you with your tinnitus.



Yoga
I haven't tried this yet, but I am mentioning it here because my friend swears by it and I believe it is an option to consider. A big part of Yoga is basically the stretching of ligaments, (somewhat similar to my stretching but I am sure much more advanced). The ligaments are often what makes you stiff and not your muscles, so it makes sense to do Yoga to treat tinnitus.


Heating Pads
I am very happy with my heat pad. Since heat soften muscles and ligaments, applying heat to the tinnitus-producing muscles and ligaments in your neck makes sense. There has been several times where I put the heat pad and, after a while, felt my tinnitus become significantly reduced. With the heat pad I can watch tv and STILL work at softening my muscles. This is a good option for those evening hours. It also helps you take your mind off the sound by knowing that you are doing something about it, even when you are watching tv.



Tiger Balm
Again, heat softens muscles. When I can't have a heat pad, this is a great alternative. The advantage is that you can apply the heat right up next to your ear, where a heat pad has difficulties reaching. I don't know if it is as good as a heat pad for heating muscles but it sure is warm and I find it helps for me.


Massage Machines
I LOVE this machine. I don't have money for a massage very day, so this is the perfect subsitute. I got it to soften my neck, shoulders and back and use it almost every day. It just works great, for me anyway. It helps to be warm when doing the massage. I used to be completly tense but this machine helped me get more relaxed.


Doing it yourself is ok but it works the best if you have somebody else that can operate it so you can relax. I notice a difference in my muscles after having used this machine for a while.


Bath Salts & Bath Bombs
Taking a bath helps warm your muscles and ligaments and bring you peace. The goal is to relax you physically and mentally to help relieve you of your tinnitus. Bath salts and oils are beneficial in soothing your sences and relax you further.



Alter Your Mental Habits

--- Short Term ---

Neck Pillow
The Cervical Linear Traction Neck Pillow can help restore the normal neck C- curve, help you improve your posture, and relieve back and neck pain.














Stress Relief
To learn more about stress, I recommend the "Relaxation & Stress Redution Workbook".













Or if you need a basic introduction to stress and relaxation, then the "Stress & Relaxation Explained" DVD might be for you.













Posture
If you want to learn more about posture, I suggest you buy either Janice Novak's book or DVD. This lady knows her stuff.














Meditative Music
These are great at becoming more relaxed and gaining peace. Have them on as you meditate, do yoga, Qigong etc. Have them on in the background as you work during the day, relax in the evening in front of the fire or when you sleep.















--- Long Term ---

Qigong
This is one of the best Qigong DVD's out there. Having practiced Qigong myself, I can tell you that this the real deal! Excellent for beginners and anybody can do these exercises. You will not only learn to relax to help reduce your tinnitus, you'll also help heal your body and calm your mind to find a more profound sense of being.














Yoga
I haven't tried this yet, but I am mentioning it here because my friend swears by it and I believe it is an option to consider. In addition to stretching ligaments, Yoga is also great for the mind. You will gain inner peace doing Yoga, which will help you relax more in general. So I recommend this option.


Bath Salts & Bath Bombs
Taking a bath helps you relax. Relaxing both physically and mentally helps to relieve you of your tinnitus. Bath salts and oils are beneficial in soothing your sences and relax you further.



Forcing Your Mind To Focus On Something Else Than Tinnitus

Zuma (Video Game)
Few games stress you out more than this one. I recommend it because anybody can play it. You don't have to be an avid gamer (in which case, you don't need any video game recommendations) to enjoy or play this game. It is fun, addictive and demands 100% of your focus. Zuma does not require a state-of-the-art computer and is therefore easily available to pratically everybody.

Zuma helped me focus about something other than my tinnitus after just a couple of minutes, which was desperately needed relief for me at the time. For this reason, I recommend Zuma and it's sequel Zuma's Revenge, and also Zuma clones described below. Any of these games can help to take your focus of tinnitus for a little while.

PC version













PC & Mac version


Xbox 360 version


"Zuma Clones"
After Zuma became a big hit, lots of similar games were released . Even if I recommend Zuma over the others as a game, for your tinnitus purposes, there is no real difference if you play Zuma or a Zuma clone. These games will all stress you out and demand all your attention.

Since Zuma is not available on all platforms, I've added the best Zuma clones for the other gaming platforms here, so that as many people as possible can have access to some tinnitus relief through playing these games.

Nintendo DS clones


PSP clone
     

Wii clones


Zuma & Clones - Instant Download Versions

XBox 360 - Instant Download
   

PSP - Instant Download
/* Tabs ----------------------------------------------- */